Tuesday, August 13, 2019

It is Love

I received a call Saturday morning that a friend had died and could I please come.  I went then, not because of Bonnie R’s passing, but because my friend, J.T., who lived with her was distraught and in need.  Her death was a shock to him and his grief terrible and real.  In the short time they had lived together, their friendship had blossomed into a mutual respect and dependency.  Each had needed the other in times of illness.

Bonnie had been ill when she moved in and I daresay it was the perfect place for her to be.  J.T. welcomed her with open arms and heart.  Funny... I had meant to write of Bonnie here but my pen keeps returning to telling you of J.T..

Bonnie has moved beyond her physical body and the pain she experienced there.  In fact, I did see her spirit yesterday during service.  She was smiling and laughing... her arms outstretched, offering to all the hugs she was famous for.

It’s the ones who are left behind who suffer and ask the question, “Why?”

J.T. was no different.  His feeling of loss was great.  It was then he realized how much he had loved.  He had not only opened his home, but his heart as well.  His anguish expressed in the wracking sobs coming from the depths of his being.  He had allowed himself to love and now there was a hole in his heart.

Here is a man who is not afraid of love... of loving... and of being loved.  What an example he is to me!  To remain vulnerable enough to give and receive pure love.  Yes, he is suffering for he feels the loss of his friend, Bonnie, deeply.  But this does not keep him from opening his heart to others.

Love to you!
Connie

No comments :

Post a Comment