Monday, July 4, 2016

God's Gift

I am only given a small understanding of God’s love, and though that understanding is minimal, I am filled with it to overflowing.  I have the desire to describe the indescribable, knowing that any words or metaphors I might use could never communicate the awesome wonder of God’s love.

Love travels through time and space connecting me to those I love as if they were sitting here next to me.  Then love brings them ever closer.  They share my heart and are part of my soul.  Life, death, time and distance mean nothing.  Love has no obstacles, no boundaries.  It goes where I send it  and brings itself back to me.

There are other gifts hidden in the giving and receiving of God’s love.  It’s a package full of surprises.  As I unwrap it, I find such awesome wonder, tears come to my eyes.  I sigh with happiness as I uncover the peace and the joy.  Then, as I dig deeper into the gift, I discover it gives me a strength beyond anything I’ve ever known.  I am struck with the knowledge there is nothing stronger, nothing more powerful.  With this gift, I can dispose of my fears, knowing love can never be conquered.

I realize, as I look at all God’s gift entails, that it is not just meant for me.  Yes, these wonderful gifts are mine but I am led to understand that I must share.  In my sharing with others, the gift within me will continue to grow.

What a marvelous gift God’s love is!  I could never ask for something more wonderful, more perfect than the love of God.


No comments :

Post a Comment